Blog Archive

Tuesday 2 February 2016

Website Design

For the website, included in our promotional package for the film, I designed the layout. For this, I have used the website Wix, an online website builder.

For our menu, I added "Home","Behind The Scenes", "Blog" and "Charities". From research into other film websites, we have seen different types of 'Behind the Scenes' pages and thought that it would be a good addition to our website because our trailer would have a niche audience, and a very low budget therefore not a commercial film, it would allow the audience to identify with the characters more and would be a chance, to get to know them. The Blog page, I thought, is also an important addition to our website because our film highlights on social and moral issues, it would give a chance for our audience to debate and discuss different issues that could be brought up in our film, or different issues that the audience wish to discuss with other like-minded people. It gives the audience a chance to interact with another giving them a shared experience. Also the charities is something that I have seen on very few websites, however I thought that it was important to add in because our trailer highlights some harsh issues that our audience may be able to relate to in their lives, so the website would include different charities like ChildLine to allow our audience to seek help with their own problems, like Eating Disorders, which plays a prominent part in our trailer. 



I have included the same typography that we have used in our trailer and poster to make sure that we have consistency flowing through our whole promotional campaign. Throughout the website also, I have kept to the same colours as the typography as these colours are a theme shown throughout our promotional campaign. I also linked the typography with the home page, so when the audience is on a different page like the 'Blog' page, the title acts as a link back to the home page also. 



After researching, Georgie gave me different reviews that are conventional of film websites, so I typed these into our website and changed the colours of them to fit our colour pattern. I also added the star ratings, which is also something that we found conventional of film reviews. 




Here, I added production company stills and the logo from the Cannes Film Festival. This is something that I have seen in past students work and so thought I should add this in as it promotes the production companies that have 'produced' our film.



I have embedded the trailer into our website so the audience of the website can see what the film is about straight away, and it also makes our trailer more accessible.


Here, I have added extra buttons to pages and I have linked them up to the appropriate pages, this gives more of a description for the Blog and the Charities pages and also acts as a link also. 


I have also added links to different social media accounts. The social media account links are important to include because it widens our audience and also because our film wouldn't have been a commercial film as it is a social realist, and so typically would have a lower budget, it would advertise our film through social media. It is also important to add these links as social media is an important part of our film concept as it is to do with trolling, and Pinterest and Facebook have been included in our trailer alone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment