Blog Archive

Thursday 4 February 2016

Inserting reshoots to trailer

Having done our reshoots we now had to insert them, but we also had to make sure the length of these was the same as the ones previously used, as the sound had been created and inserted, meaning any difference would affect the accuracy of sound.

The first clip we did was the balloon scene with the 18 year old girl. I originally found a section of the footage from the new that we liked, and having selected this I then cropped it directly above the pre-existing footage. 

Despite believing that this would be the way to do it quickly, I then swapped the footage out and re-watched this section of the trailer and realised that this section was now very short and sandwiched between two pieces of the old footage. 

I undid all the changes I had made and dragged the old clip up. Doing this I realised the mistake that I had made was that the two effects on either side were covering some of the footage, so it was longer than I originally thought. 

To solve this problem I dragged the old footage up again and made a note of where it began, and dragged the new footage beginning to there, then copied the process again but for the end of the new footage.

Swapping in and out the new footage having done this change in approach led to the footage being cropped in the right place and being the same length as required. I did the same process for inserting the scales scene further on in the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment