Blog Archive

Thursday 28 January 2016

Editing Footage

After having some of our new footage reshot, I edited this into our film.

 

For the POV shot of the character looking at her plate of food and not really eating anything, we thought that the shot that we had before was too dark and was overall, not as good quality as we wanted for our film. Because of this, we decided to reshoot this shot. Once I was given the footage, I added it into the timeline where I thought that it would work well most in our film, and then cut the best section from the footage. I then deleted the rest so we were left with the best parts, this was because some of the footage was shaky and so I used the part where the camera was most static.


I then detached the audio from the clip and deleted it. This is because we didn't want the audio from the shot to be heard because we just want the non diegetic music to be heard, that would be created by our group member Ellie.


I then added another screenshot of Pinterest before the scene of the character grabbing her stomach, which would show directly how the media is manipulating her to feel bad about her body image. I then added the transition cross dissolve on either side of the Pinterest screenshot as it then it would fade in and out so to show this is what the character is remembering when she looks at herself and it makes the transition a lot less abrupt, rather then a cut.


No comments:

Post a Comment