Blog Archive

Monday 1 February 2016

Voices Recording Evaluation (30.1.16)


  • Using my recording equipment, Georgie and I chose which words we wanted to be said over the time lapse scene. Looking at my previous blog post on suggestions for what to say we chose 'worthless', 'fat', 'ugly' and 'loser'.


  • Following this I then looked at how long the time lapse lasted for (an average of two seconds), this gave me an idea of how much I could add echo to the words and how overlapped they could be without running into the sandwiching scenes.


  • Testing the different vocal effects we could apply to the words Georgie and I cut down the base effects to 'classical' or 'natural', as both these use a lot of echo and reverb which was effective for how the character may hear the voices in her head


  • Using headphones (to avoid feedback) I asked Georgie to speak into the microphone and decreased the compression and increased echo and plate.


  • Using these new settings I duplicated the track three times so as to save time and avoid incorrectly editing the new tracks.


  • First we recorded Georgie saying her chosen words (fat and ugly) and then I recorded mine (loser and worthless).


  • We then cropped the beginning and end to delete any intermittent noises and slotted them over each other so they are each individually audible but follow each other


  • We then listened back whilst watching the trailer's street time lapse, and it was effective. It did sound peculiar because there is currently no other sound, however when the soundtrack is created it will hopefully blend in a lot more.


  • To evaluate, the session went well and we were able to create an effective piece of sound.


 








No comments:

Post a Comment