Blog Archive

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Photoshop Practical

After a photo shoot to get some photos for our poster, I used one of the photos to get used to Photoshop and figure out how we could edit the photos for a poster idea the we had come up with.

Firstly, I chose the photo that was the best quality in terms of focus and also the one that was best positioned for how we wanted the poster to look. I started by opening this photo on photoshop, and adjusted the colours and brightness to make it a better quality. I then duplicated the layer so I could separate the background and the character as I would be editing them separately. I then used the magic wand tool to select just the character in the model, I then inverted the selection and deleted the background. 

After deleting the background in one of the layers, I selected the layer that still had the background on it. I then experimented with the transparency of the layer with the background on it. This then made the background transparent but kept the character in tact.


This could be used for a draft of our poster at a later point, however this was for an experimental task and a chance to learn the different tools on photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment