Blog Archive

Saturday 14 November 2015

Production Company: Bitesize Productions

The first image for the Production Company
being a whole apple

The Production Company

The Theme

The theme that I decided to follow when designing my Production Company was the food and eating disorder theme due to the large amount of different styles and  ideas that could have been used.





The Name

The Second Image of one bite eaten
Due to the Production company playing an important part at the beginning of the trailer, we decided to dedicate a brainstorm session in order to come up with a good name for the company relating to our trailer. We finally came up with the name 'BITESIZE PRODUCTIONS' and then I went on to make the Production Company.





The image

The final image of the apple core
The image used within the production company of the apple being eaten I chose because I thought that it best represented the name we chose due to that being the first thing that I would think of representing a bite.  The image I created on Paint, and used a graphics tablet to help draw the finer detail on it rather than using the mouse.  The full apple was created first and from their I took out chunks of the apple to create the bite shapes.






The footage on the timeline in Final Cut
Pro with the title of the company in as well

The sound

The sound I took from a YouTube clip of someone eating an apple.  Due to the sound being of good quality and fitting in well with the footage, I used YouTube Convertor to convert the sound to an MP£ format and I added it into the shots.




The making of the 'Bitesize Productions'

To start I downloaded all the photos into Final Cut Pro and put them into the order in which they should go into.  I then checked the quality to make sure that it was not pixelated.




A shot showing black and white typography

From there, I added the simple text over the shot of the last shot to get a rough idea and I chose a transaction which caused the text to fade onto the screen with a flash proceeding it.  After showing this to the group they were generally pleased apart from the typography.




Changing the font colour


I then went on to change the colour of the font from black and white to a red and white in order to make it stand out from the background which is of a bright blue colour.





The new font

As this didn't massive change what we had already or change it in the way that we had anticipated.  Therefore we changed the font to something different that added a touch of class and looked much more fitting.



The Production Company


Evaluation

Overall, the making of the production company was fairly easy however, putting the images together proved to be the difficult part as some of the images were of different colours and this didn't look very professional.

Also I need to add in an extra shot to make the apple being eaten look smoother than it is as there is a massive jump between the second and the third images. 


No comments:

Post a Comment