Blog Archive

Friday 6 November 2015

Evaluation of Reshoot - Scale Scene (5.11.16)

Before filming I cleaned the scales and surrounding areas as much as was possible.

I then experimented with different angled footage. Originally the shot was from a side profile of stepping onto the scales, however when I reviewed this I decided it was not clear enough due to being a very quick shot, as to what had just been stepped onto. 

Therefore I did film some of these from a side profile to see whether a higher angled shot would work, however it only showed more of my legs and missed the scale as I had no way of angling the camera down without it sliding off of my handmade tripod (books). I would have used the tripod we had used previously, however it wouldn't go low enough. 

I finally did a shot from me holding the camera as I stood on the scales and this allowed the scale to be clearly seen for what it was. This was therefore effective. 

Things that could have been done better was that there is limited lighting in my bathroom, so in daylight the footage was dark, however in unnatural lighting everything is slightly yellow in colour, and my feet appear very pink.

Despite this we now have a much improved piece of footage from what it was originally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment