Blog Archive

Sunday 22 November 2015

Evaluation of Filming - Food Scene (20.11.15)

Having prepared my dinner (spaghetti and meatballs) I sat at the dining table and proceeded to film a point of view shot that could be seen as Jane 'playing' with her food instead of eating it. 

This was quite difficult to do as I had to hold the camera in one hand and hold a fork in the food with the other. I had no one else to hold the camera for me and I didn't think using a tripod would give the same effect as a hand held shot would. 

It took a while for me to be able to prop my arm with the camera on the table at an angle that was effective as point of view, as the first few I tried either did not show the food completely, or were too highly angled. 

However, once I found a good position to do it from I experimented with what action Jane could be using to 'play' with her food. Originally a straight forward shot of her moving her fork around in it was used, however it was not a very noticeable action for the short time the scene would be in the trailer for. The type of movement I went for in the end was of Jane pulling her food upwards, as this was a very distinct action and left an enigma of whether she was going to eat it or not.

Evaluation
Despite reviewing the footage after taking it, upon uploading to our trailer there is a very distinctive change in the lighting. I am putting this down to the fact that it was dark when I took the footage, and by using the light in the room I filmed in, the footage has become very artificially yellow. This means that the footage will probably need to reshot, however we now know what type of action to use in the clip, and that it would be sensible to have someone to hold the camera when you are taking the footage to prevent the footage from shaking.




No comments:

Post a Comment